BROWSE OPEN JOBS
Date Posted: 08.12.2019
Position: Prep Cook/Kitchen Helper
Location: Los Angeles, CA
At least 1 or more years of previous experience working in a kitchen as a Prep Cook/Kitchen Helper.
- Shopping for large quantities of food and groceries
- Help team get ready for service by preparing and packaging food
- Chopping vegetables, browning meats, opening cans and monitoring baking
- Knowledge of vegetables, meats, beans, seasonings, and baking ingredients
- Familiar with working in a commercial kitchen
- Carrying out basic food hygiene preparation tasks
- Cleaning the kitchen, including washing kitchen equipment, work surfaces, operating a commercial dishwasher etc.
- Serve safe certified, or willingness to obtain certification
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. or more
- Ability to work efficiently and keep calm under pressure
- Some experience with food technology is preferred
- High standards of personal hygiene
- Ability to adapt to change quickly
- Good communication skills
- A team player attitude
We’re ideally looking for an individual who can grow within the company, and possess an eagerness to learn as it relates to food. Availability must be Mondays and Tuesdays between the hours of 8am - 5pm. Some early mornings may be required. You must have your own operating vehicle.
Salary: Minimum Wage
To apply, cut and paste your resume in the message section below. Subject: Prep Cook/Kitchen Helper